There is a lot of buzz going around right now regarding the dismal state of Facebook page reach. While it's true that it is getting more challenging to reach your audience on Facebook, the fact remains that your Facebook business page is highly valuable, and your fans are a huge source of potential leads and customers. No matter how difficult Facebook may make it, there is no reason to abandon what you have built on this platform, which is still the most widely used social media site in the world.
How Do You Encourage Engagement?
What you do need to do is get more creative with your engagement efforts and work even harder to reach your fans. This may seem daunting if you are already stretched in this department, but there are some relatively easy ways to ramp up your Facebook activities to generate more excitement and activity on your page. One way to do this is through contests. People love contests, and there are several ways to launch contests that can get you more likes, shares, email addresses and overall engagement on your page.
Here Are Five Facebook Contest Ideas To Get You Inspired:
1. Are you launching a new product or menu item? Why not get your fans involved with naming it? People love these types of contests. It gets them involved with your business, and it's fun. This type of contest also lets your fans know that you are a company that cares about the opinions and ideas of its customers.
2. Looking for a way to really drive sales of your product? Have your fans vote on which items to put on sale. Not only does this generate excitement, and make people more likely to buy your product, but it also gives you valuable insight into what customers think about your products.
3. People love photo contests! There are several ways to do this. One type of photo contest you might want to try is having your customers send photos of themselves with your products.
4. Just for fun, and a good way to generate lots of engagement on your page is a "caption this" photo contest. Photos of babies and animals do best with these types of contests.
5. Set up a "like gate" contest. In this contest, viewers are entered for a prize when they "like" your post or page, but in order to do so, they need to enter their email addresses. This can be a powerful and effective way to build your list.
So, if you have found your Facebook activities to be fizzling, running a contest is a great way to get things moving again.