Digital marketing has come a long way during the past decade! As we enter a new year, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on how much marketing has changed.
Click play on the video below for your digital marketing decade in review:
- Although Google My Business (GMB) was created in 2014, it's now one of the first steps in putting your business online.
- Reviews used to solely focus on star-rating. Nowadays, consumers are wanting to read a story about someone's experience.
- Local service ads began with the contract industry, but has expanded to include pet groomers, photographers and more!
- Social media was in its infancy in 2010 but is now a must-have for personal and professional use.
- As a whole, digital marketing offers easier and cheaper options to gain exposure for businesses.
Time flies when you're having fun! We hope you enjoyed our digital marketing recap for the decade. We're excited to see what the next decade will bring, so stay tuned for more helpful podcasts, blogs and other resources all year long.
As always, if you have any questions, please send us an email to email@example.com.
And don't forget to check out some of our 2020-planning resources before you go: