Hey, business owners! Pay attention! There’s a big change coming to Google My Business (GMB) messaging that you need to know about.
On November 15, 2019, messaging via SMS (text message) will no longer be available. Instead, you will have to download the Google My Business mobile app to use the messaging feature.
If you’ve never used the GMB app before, don’t worry! Keep reading for the how-to.
How to Use Messaging in the Google My Business App
The messaging feature in the GMB app lets you receive and reply to messages for free! By utilizing the app, you’ll be able to keep track of all your conversations in one spot as well as accessing reviews, insights and several other GMB app features.
Using the messaging feature in the app is easy! Just follow these steps:
- On your mobile device (cell phone, tablet, etc.), open the app. If you haven’t downloaded the app yet, click here to download it for your Android device, or click here to download it for your Apple device.
- Select the location you’re wanting to manage (If you only have one location, then that business listing will already be selected).
- Tap Customers > Messages > Turn on.
And that’s it! The messaging feature on your GMB app is now turned on and ready for you to use. From November 15, 2019, on, all incoming messages will appear within the app and you will receive a notification for each message.
As a reminder, make sure that your notifications for the app in your phone's settings are turned on as well. If these are turned off, you won't know when you're receiving messages in the app!
This update will allow more than one user to monitor the messages a business receives, which ultimately helps get more eyes on your Google My Business listing at any given time.
If you'd like to learn more about this update, visit Google's Help Page.
Google has been making a lot of changes recently, so make sure you check out some of our other Google-related resources to stay updated:
- Updates You Should Know About Google Site Manager
- How to Prepare for Google’s Advertising Metric Changes
- Here Is the Google Local Pack Update You Need to Know
At RevLocal, our mission is to help business owners gain and retain customers in the face of rapid change. Digital marketing is moving at an extremely fast pace, but we’re here to keep you updated on all the latest changes.
If you need help creating a marketing strategy or managing your online presence, our team of experts is here to help your business flourish.
Request a demo with one of our digital marketing consultants today to get started!