Changes within Google on how they deliver internet search results has had a major impact on how businesses advertise. Now there are more cost-effective ways to carry out marketing for business owners who understand the latest changes and adjust their online marketing strategy to take advantage of what's new to them. In the past few months, businesses with successful stratagies that includes providing fresh content, photos and even videos have been able to increase their exposure to potentiaol customers and build their customer base more than ever before.
With so much potential market share at stake, new challenges have arisen. Initially, when most people had not adopted online marketing strategies, online marketing was straightforward and much more simple. The business owner basically had two options to promtoe thei business online, search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). Now, new platforms and ideas have emerged that make it inevitable for businesses to adapt their initial ideas.
According to Forbes, there are a number of things about online marketing that have changed so far and will continue to transform into 2014.
Current online marketing trends:
- Companies are investing a lot more money into online marketing as opposed to radio and television advertising. More people can be reached through online content that is strategically developed and placed. Social media, website articles, case studies, infomercials, and other online venues are becoming the main channels used by businesses which is making premium online advertisng space more competitive.
- Apart from the previously popular social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr, other social media sites like Yelp, Pintrest and Google+ have gained popularity. Businesses have to create content suitable for these sites as well. Marketers have to be more diverse in their strategies and this is bound to continue happening into the next year.
- Current online marketing trends are relying more on image-centered advertising. This is evident from the emphasis by most social media sites like Pinterest and Buzzfeed, which have gained a lot of popularity in recent years. Marketers need to make content that is easily digestible by their demographic.
- In the same vein of being easily digestible, online marketing is focusing more on content that is simple. Instead of giving in-depth analysis into the benefits of buying a product or service, the online audience is taking a preference to simple and direct advertisements.
- The content developed for online marketing has to be compatible to mobile devices and tablets. According to Forbes, tablets and smart phones will take the lead as far as advertising on connected devices is concerned. The widespread use of these two gadgets makes this very obvious.
- The design and usability of your company website has to be upgraded. There are so many options for audiences to choose from out there; they will not spend hours waiting for your webpage to load.
Going forward, you have to consider the various changes and make the necessary adjustments to your marketing strategies. Some of these changes can catch your business off guard; however, it is never too late to make the necessary upgrades. It is important for marketers to realize that online marketing is a process and therefore, like in everything that takes time, new things will pop up along the way to work for or against your strategy. It's important that you make the time or simply work with a professional marketing company like RevLocal to keep your business on the forefront of new online marketing trends.