Did you know that 72 percent of Generation X consumers use the Internet to find businesses? To reach this generation and bring in more customers, your business needs a spotless online presence.
Watch the video below to learn our top tips for marketing to Gen X.
Here's what you need to know about Generation X consumers:
- They were born from 1965-1980.
- Even though it is the smallest generation, Gen X consists of around 66 million people.
- Generation X accounts for 31 percent of all U.S. income.
- Around 95 percent of Generation X Internet users have a Facebook account.
- Generation X consumers are nostalgic.
- Gen X has the highest brand loyalty across all Generations.
Here are some tips to help boost your Generation X marketing strategy:
- Make sure your business's name, address and phone number are consistent across the Internet so Generation X consumers find you online when they are researching
- Use Facebook marketing and Facebook advertising to reach Generation X consumers where they're already spending their time
- Create retro/nostalgic marketing messages by incorporating elements that will remind Gen X consumers of their childhood
- Make sure to reward your Gen X customers' brand loyalty with special discounts or even a thank you note
Remember, Generation X consumers often feel overlooked by brands and marketers, so make sure to create marketing messages tailored specifically to your Generation X consumers so that they relate to the messages and no longer feel overlooked.