2019 is almost here, which means it’s time to start thinking about the digital trends that may pop up! Here are a few things that you’ll need to pay attention to.
#1 - Focus on the Digital Experience
- 90% of smartphone users search for location information
- 50% of mobile-local searches end in a purchase
- 91% of consumers will turn to a competitor if your website isn’t optimized for mobile
- 50% will not make a purchase if your website takes too long to load
- 86% of buyers will pay more for a better customer experience
Tip: Give your customers a great experience online and offline.
#2 – Competition is fierce. Businesses are expanding their reach with paid advertising, and you should too.
- 91% of people buy or plan to buy something after seeing an ad
- 70% of YouTube ads drove a huge lift in in-store sales
- Google saw a 150% increase in ad conversions last year
Tip: Find the right ads for your business.
#3 – Intent-based, voice focused targeting is in your future.
- 40% of voice searches have local intent
- 40% of adults use voice search on a daily basis
- 43 million Americans own a voice-activated smart speaker
Tip: Google is learning to look for intent in voice searches so it can return the most relevant search results.